As you put together the budget for your wedding, you may be tempted to cut out a wedding planner. STOP right there! A talented wedding planner can actually save you money and, more importantly, stress! Even just hiring a day-of planner can ease tensions that are already high during the week of your wedding. If you’re still not convinced, check out these 5 signs that will tell you to rethink cutting out the wedding planner:
1. Your lists have lists. There are so many details that go into planning a wedding that it’s easy to overlook something vital. An experienced wedding planner has the details down to a science and can easily see missing components. One of our couples concocted a speciality cocktail that was an adorable combination of their last names. They spent a lot of time and creativity putting it in the program, writing on chalkboards at the bar, etc. Unfortunately they neglected to purchase the mixers! As soon as the bartender let me know the mixers were missing, I sent an assistant to the store and purchased everything they needed before the cocktail hour began. To this day they don’t know about their mistake, we just made sure their wedding went exactly as they envisioned.
2. You have more than one wedding planning book. You should definitely invest in a beautiful wedding planning book (your mom or sister will get one for you anyway). Use it as a keepsake. If you have more than one, that means you’re feeling like just one more book will help you feel more organized. Save your book money and get an experienced wedding planner.
3. You are overwhelmed with emails, texts, and phone calls from vendors. One of the most difficult tasks in planning a large event like a wedding is putting all the pieces together from different vendors. Each vendor will have a multi-page contract for you to sign with lots of specifics, deadlines, expectations, etc. An experienced wedding planner should be able to look at any vendor contract and be able to pull out important facts and put everything together in a detailed timeline.
4. You feel as if you’re neglecting your fiancee, family, and friends to “work” on the wedding. If you feel as if you are, you are. This is such an important time in your life as a couple! An experienced wedding planner should be able to take most of the “work” out of planning and let you enjoy the process.
5. You’re getting married. Let’s face it, this is going to be one of the most important days of your life. Don’t leave details to chance, or worse yet an inexperienced planner. Admit you need help and contact us!